Yakima Athletic Club and YAC Fitness Internship Program is designed to enhance the educational experience of future fitness professionals by allowing the opportunity to work alongside top trainers in one of the best-run club systems in Yakima.
This experience will allow you to:
- Observe and learn cutting edge personal training, strength and conditioning, and sports performance coaching.
- Observe and learn the group dynamic effect of personal training and group fitness.
- Meet with Yakima Athletic Club and YAC Fitness staff members and learn about our business systems, culture, marketing and training philosophy.
- Assist with group training classes, camps, speciality programs.
- Assist with corporate fitness and marketing events.
- Assist with BootCamp classes.
- Upper level or graduating student in Exercise Science or related field.
- Proficient with anatomy, physiology, strength training and related coursework.
- Computer literate, mobile literate.
- Passionate about your work and hungry to learn as much as you can.
- Proactive, outgoing, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to commit to 400 volunteer hours. Internships are no longer than 12 weeks.
Terms: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Yakima Athletic Club accepts applications year-round for this exciting opportunity. Once all of your application materials are received, you will be notified within 4 weeks if you qualify for a final interview.
To apply for this internship, you must fill out the Internship Application and send it along with a cover letter, resume, photo and 3-5 references to:
Yakima Athletic Club
2501 Racquet Lane
Yakima, WA 98902
Phone: (509) 453-6521
Fax: (509) 454-3698