I come from a household where my husband can eat anything he wants and not gain an ounce, but if I even look at food or smell something like Nachos or Hamburgers, I swear I gain 5 pounds. So, cooking food in my house can sometimes be a challenge. How do I make food that I can eat but my husband doesn’t cringe at the thought of having to eat it? Well, most of the time I just have to find a substitute for the pieces of the meal that I know I can’t eat like he can. With this recipe, all I have to do is replace the chips you would normally have in Naches for mini sweet peppers. It lowers the carbs and the calories down, plus it tastes DELICIOUS!
Jessica’s Skinny Mini Pepper Nachos:
- 20 Mini Sweet Peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 pound of cooked meat (Ground Beef, Ground Turkey, Steak, Shredded Beef, Shredded Chicken, Shredded Pork)
- 8 oz Shredded Cheese—my preference is Pepper Jack
- Black Beans (canned)
- Corn (canned or fresh)
- Jalapeno, sliced
- Toppings: Avocado, Sour Cream, Tomatoes, Olives, Cilantro, Salsa
- Place mini pepper halves onto a sheet pan
- Sprinkle cooked meat, beans, and corn into the peppers
- Cover peppers with shredded cheese and sliced jalapenos
- Place in oven set to Broil for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.
- Top with toppings of your choice and serve!